About 133 million barrels of oil were shipped from the Ceyhan terminal in January-August
In January-August 2021, 132 million 624.96 thousand barrels of oil were shipped from the Ceyhan oil terminal, transported through the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan (BTC) oil pipeline, according to Azerbaijan in Focus, reporting Turan News, citing the press service of the BOTAS International Limited Company (BIL is the operator of the Turkish section of the BTC).
“Since the beginning of 2021 and as of September 1, 132 million 624.96 thousand barrels of oil have been shipped from the Ceyhan terminal, delivered via the BTC pipeline. For the entire period since the commissioning of the BTC oil pipeline (June 4, 2006), 3 billion 703 million 640.427 thousand barrels of oil were sent to the world markets from the Ceyhan terminal,” the company said.
According to BIL, in January-August 2021, 182 tankers with oil transported via the BTC were shipped from the Ceyhan terminal. In total, 4,841 tankers have been loaded since the Ceyhan terminal was commissioned.
At present, oil from the Azeri-Chirag-Guneshli block of fields and condensate from the Shah Deniz field, as well as oil from SOCAR are pumped through the BTC pipeline. Also, Turkmen oil, Kazakh and Russian oil is pumped through the MTC.
The length of the BTC oil pipeline is 1,768 km, of which 443 km in Azerbaijan, 249 km in Georgia, and 1,076 km in Turkey. The pipeline’s throughput capacity exceeds 50 million tons of oil per year.
The project participants are: BP (30.1%); SOCAR (25%); MOL (8.9%); Equinor (8.71%); TPAO (6.53%); ENI (5%); Itochu (3.4%); ExxonMobil (2.5%); INPEX (2.5%), Total (5%) and ONGC (2.36%).