Azerbaijani government working group reports on measures to assist Karabakh Armenians
On the instructions of the President of Azerbaijan, a working group has been set up to address social, humanitarian, economic and infrastructure issues in the Karabakh region under the leadership of Deputy Prime Minister Shahin Mustafayev, according to Azerbaijan in Focus, reporting Turan.
This is stated in the report of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration.
The working group operates within the coordination headquarters for centralized resolution of issues in the liberated territories of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The working group includes representatives of the Ministries of Economy, Labour and Social Security, Agriculture, Internal Affairs, Health, Science and Education, “Azerenerji”, “Azerishig”, “Azerigaz Production Association”, “State Roads Agency” and other structures.
Since 20 September 2023, the working group has implemented measures as follows:
– on 22 September 2023, the Ministry for Emergency Situations (MES) sent 2 trucks with 40 tonnes of food and hygiene products and 2 trucks with bread for Armenian residents along the existing Aghdam-Askeran-Khankendi road;
– MES set up tent cities for 1,000 people in Aghdam, Fizuli and Kelbajar to provide first aid and food to Armenian residents. Local police forces, military personnel and civilian workers are providing first aid and appropriate support to the Armenian residents;
– at the request of representatives of Armenian residents at a meeting held in Yevlakh on 21 September, fuel and lubricants will be provided, primarily for kindergartens, emergency medical services and firefighters;
– Lachin-Khankendi road is open for peacekeepers to use and deliver food and essential supplies;
– conditions have been created for the ICRC to transport food, medicines and baby food along the Aghdam-Askeran-Khankendi and Lachin-Khankendi roads, as well as for the deployment of additional staff to Khankendi from the organisation’s head office in Geneva and representative office in Baku;
– necessary facilities were created for the evacuation of persons in need of medical assistance to Armenia on the basis of an ICRC request.